Relining your dentures is a great way to maximize the comfort and lifespan of your dentures and also make sure that you get the best outcome from your dentures. How do you assist your dental laboratory to get the best possible result if you have established that a reline or rebase will help? The lab worker, after all, has never seen the patient. What records do they need to ensure that the denture reline lab procedure runs smoothly? Here are several effective denture relining techniques:
- For the relining of complete denture, examine the bite with the dentures in place before.
- Remove any deep undercuts that would make it difficult to distinguish the dentures from the laboratory model.
- Borders that are excessively lengthy or impinge on soft tissue should be adjusted.
- Maintain good occlusion by working on one denture at a time while using the opposite denture.
- Using an acrylic bur, roughen the borders and tissue sides of the denture being relined.
- To preserve the right vertical dimension of occlusion (VOD), make three tissue stops using modeling compound or heavy-body polyvinyl siloxane (one in the anterior and two in the second molar locations).
- Insert one denture with the heated compound or polyvinyl siloxane and ask the patient to bite into maximal intercuspation. Allow the material to dry completely. The denture should then be removed from the mouth.
- To eliminate any undercuts, adjust the tissue stops. Reinsert the tooth and examine it for stability, correct occlusion, and location in relation to the anatomy and facial characteristics.
- If the denture’s borders are too short or incorrect, mold the denture in the mouth using compound or rope wax to lengthen the borders.
- Replace the denture in your mouth. Check that the denture is properly placed and solely resting on the tissue stops. In occlusion, the denture must fit passively with the patient.
- The denture should be dried.
- Apply impression adhesive to the denture’s underside and interior borders.
- To coat the interior of the denture and the borders equally, apply medium-body polyvinyl siloxane (PVS) impression material.
- Align and completely seat the denture until it rests entirely on the tissue.
- Allow the patient to come up to maximal intercuspation.
- Verify that the midline is in the proper location.
- Check that the lip position is the same as it was at the initial assessment.
- Allow the imprint material to set completely before removing it and starting over if the look is not identical to what you saw during the initial evaluation in every manner.
- Remove the denture from the mouth when the denture relining material for impression has fully set and cut away any extra impression material.
- Replace the denture and the impression.
- Rep the procedure with the opposing denture.
Persaud’s dental lab with all denture relining services
Persuad’s dental lab has significant expertise in developing denture relines and is dedicated to assisting customers in getting the most out of their dentures and oral health at an inexpensive denture relining cost. Our highly qualified and experienced experts do all denture relines and other changes. Persuad’s Dental Lab, with the finest digital technology and qualified dental professionals, is the ideal choice for all of your denture relining services . We have 58 years of experience in the denture service industry, with competence in all types of denture production and a devoted and individualized service on repairing and restoring all types of broken dentures.