Dentures are a type of removable dental alternative designed for harm or lacking tooth and the encircling tissues. The machine includes an inner framework that suits over the patient’s natural tooth and jawbone. The framework has 4 parts: modular oral circuit, implant crown base, implant crown and abutment, and the detachable partial denture. Dentures come alongside a ton of advantages. In fact, dentures can beautify your smile or even your whole look as they are made to resemble natural teeth. There are various types of dentures which includes:-
- Complete or full dentures
- Partial fixed dentures
- Partial removable dentures
- Immediate dentures
- Implant retained dentures
Partial dentures are the removable dentures that allow the replacement of multiple teeth in both upper or lower jaw. Partial denture replacements are usually attached to gum color and it perfectly fits in the space available. They consist of replacement teeth that are connected to a gum-colored plastic base, also connected by a metal framework that holds the denture in place without difficulties. They are preferred when one or more natural teeth remain in the upper or lower jaw. Partial denture not only fills in the spaces created by missing teeth, but it also prevents other teeth from changing their natural position. There are two types of partial dentures with their sub types and they are:-
- Removable partial dentures
- Cast metal framework Removable partial dentures
- Acrylic clasp Removable partial dentures
- Flexible partial dentures
- Fixed partial dentures
- Fixed bridge
- Implant supported fixed bridge
Cast partial are one of the types of removable partial dentures.The cast partials are removable partial dentures in a cast metal framework which consist of artificial teeth set in an acrylic resin. It is much more durable and strong in comparison to other conventional options. Compared to other dentures, cast partial dentures are a bit costly, time consuming, and complex when it comes to its fabrication as each denture is designed and fabricated once at a time. Cast partial dentures are mostly recommended when one loses multiple teeth or has no teeth behind the edentulos area. The Process to implant these requires a number of visits to your dentists. There are normally around 6 visits required and it also depends on the person.
- FIRST VISIT
- Upper and lower dental arches dental impressions will be taken and study models will be fabricated. Unique dentures are designed on the study model.
- SECOND VISIT
- Mouth preparation is performed which involves the modification of the shape of some teeth to retain and stabilize the final cast partial denture. Then final dental impressions will be taken after mouth preparation and master models and metal framework are fabricated and designed.
- THIRD VISIT
- The metal framework prepared is tested in the patient’s mouth to make sure it fits and slight adjustments are made if required.Then the registration process takes place which means that the dentist will then record the patient’s bite/occlusion. Selection of the required shade of the artificial teeth based on the patient’s original teeth shade is done. During that time dental technicians will be setting the artificial teeth on the trial dentures.
- FOURTH VISIT
- Trial dentures are tested out fitting, stabilization, retention, phonetics and aesthetic of the trial denture are checked and adjusted as required as the choice of the patient. Then the trial dentures will be sent to the dental laboratory for the fabrication of final cast partial dentures.
- FIFTH VISIT
- Final cast partial dentures are inserted into the patient’s mouth and the fitting, stabilization, retention, phonetics and aesthetic of the final cast partial dentures are checked and adjusted as required so is occlusion/bite. And proper instruction for dental care is provided to the patient.
- SIXTH VISIT
- The patient is called for a denture review after 1 week of denture insertion, Patient will be asked if there is any problem caused by the dentures. The fitting, stabilization, retention, phonetics and aesthetic of the final cast partial dentures are checked and adjusted as required so is occlusion/bite.
- FUTURE VISIT
- The patient can book an appointment if they face any kind of difficulties or problem related to the cast partial dentures.
Some advantages of Cast Partial Denture are mentioned below:-
- They require less relining or rebasing of the denture.
- The biting stress distribution is enhanced.
- The underlying bone and soft tissue are massaged by the denture bases.
- It requires minimum direct retention and regulates the occlusion.
- It supports the lips and cheeks and makes it comfortable to speak.
- It reduces the tipping tension on the teeth.
- It also prevents shifting of the teeth.
- Tissue alteration is done at a minimum rate.
Some disadvantages of Cast Partial Denture are mentioned below:-
- It is hefty and inconvenient for the patient due to the metal framework
- It is delicate and hard to repair.
- The fabrication process is complicated and time consuming.
- It requires more dental visits and is a bit expensive
- It doesn’t provide protection against detrimental lateral loads.
- It necessitates regular maintenance and is not aesthetically appealing..
Persaud’s Dental Laboratory would be the one for you if you require cast partial dentures dental service. Persaud’s Dental Laboratory is a highly professional and committed dental laboratory. We have the best digital technology and certified dental technicians. Our dedicated and personalized service on repairing and fixing all sorts of broken dentures is governed through customization in a modern lab by highly skilled and experienced workers. We provide services on both full dentures and partial dentures. Our technicians have specialization over all sorts of partials like cast partials and flexi partials. We also work on dental relines and rebases. We have 58 years of experience in the field of denture service with expertise in all sorts of denture manufacturing.